Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 National Elementary Championship - Day 3 - By Chloe Wong

Today is our last day. I woke up early again to eat breakfast and found my dad had already gotten breakfast. Of course he made me take a shower before I ate, even though my mouth was watering with the smell of it. Thanks dad! I quickly wolfed down breakfast and headed to the 6th round. After I finished, I finished packing my stuff. Then we checked out and put our stuff away in the car so we could leave right after the last round. Unfortunately, it was raining and we had to hurry to the car out of fear of being soaked. Did you know that it can be raining, but still be sunny outside? We ate lunch and then went for a walk around the Garden Conservatory to see the wonderful greenery and small waterfalls. The waterfalls were rushing out water and some even had fish in them! As I went into the 7th round, I felt nervous because I didn’t want to lose my last round because I set a goal to win 3 out of 7 rounds. I also felt happy because I was wearing my new, awesome cowboy hat! When my partner arrived she was wearing a hat too! It was kind of funny! After I finished my round, we were on the road again! We came to a dead stop in highway congestion because of a multi-vehicle accident for TWO HOURS!!! Conveniently for some people, there was a Porte-Potty that was for the construction workers! We finally reached good ole Wisconsin at 3:00 am! I had to go to school 3 hours later so I got 3 hours of sleep plus about 4 hours in the car. Well that’s it! The competition was a bit tough, but if you know what you’re doing and you’re 100% sure, you’ll be okay. It was fun because I got to see downtown Nashville and experience country music and its artists. It was a great experience because you got to get a feeling of what the Nationals were like. I think that going to Nashville was a great experience AND a lot of fun!



At the Garden Conservatory


Last round.  Waiting for my opponent...


Stuck in traffic on the way back

No comments:

Post a Comment